From Derek Bodner's Philadelphia 76ers Wiki
This is a ranking of what I feel are the top 10 assets that the Sixers currently hold, in terms of importance:
(Note: I'm not looking at Sixers draft picks before this upcoming draft, due to the difficulty in projecting that)
- Joel Embiid: Big man who can potentially dominate on both sides of the court. Potential franchise player
- 2015 1st round pick (Sixers): Can change based on where they fall in the lottery.
- Nerlens Noel: May not fit all that well with Joel Embiid, but has game changing defensive potential and extremely rare defensive versatility
- Dario Saric: Very unique skill set who, if he improves his outside shot, could be a great fit next to Joel Embiid. Incredible passer and creative offensive player.
- Robert Covington: Has already shown to be a very good outside shooter. Will be interesting to watch once he plays next to Embiid. Improving defensively, rebounds well enough to play at 4 for stretches, signed on an extremely cheap deal.
- K.J. McDaniels: If his set-shot becomes more consistent and he re-signs this offseason, when he'll be a restricted free agent, he could move up this significantly.
- Michael Carter-Williams: Has the chance to have a better career than many on this list, but his outside shooting and poor pick and roll play is a bad fit with Joel Embiid.
- Heat 2015 1st round pick
- Tony Wroten: Not sure I see a fit with either MCW or Embiid, but could be a spark off the bench if they get a point guard that he fits with better than MCW. Is still only 21 years old.
- Hollis Thompson: Has underwhelmed a little bit this year, but is on a really cheap contract, has an NBA skill in three point shooting, and should be more effective when playing less minutes in a lower role.
January 15th, 2015: Initial list